Quick and Easy Coin Counting Lapbook

Once again, I'm linking up with Third in HollywoodSparkling in SecondPeppy Zesty Teacherista, and Teach Create Motivate for the #TpTSellerChallenge. This week's challenge was to Make a Masterpiece, which gave me some MUCH needed motivation to kick my rear into gear and get back to work.

(Side note: Is anybody else in complete summer mode? It has been so hot here that I don't feel like doing much besides chilling in the air conditioner!)

Anyway, here's my latest creation - or masterpiece, if you prefer:

And (just for fun) here's the backstory behind this puppy!

About two months ago, my husband had a business trip to Denver. Having never experienced the midwest, I decided to tag along! On our last morning, we took a tour of the Denver Mint... What a neat experience! I came back with the desire to create a handful of products with a coin theme.

I started by overhauling the coin puzzles and games I uploaded as one of my first products, and then this lapbook seemed like a natural extension. I don't know WHY I took so long to make it, because I am super excited about how cute it is. :) (I'm biased, I know.)

I'm hoping to create some more coin themed products to go with it in coming weeks. I've got a little list going on my desk, but I'd love to hear your ideas! If there is something you'd like to see, leave a comment and let me know!

Enjoy!

(P.S. Happy Independence Day!)

3 comments:

  1. Boy, do my kiddos need help with coins! This is a great product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! Money can really be a tricky topic for some kiddos, so a coins lap book would a fun addition to the curriculum. :)
    Kim from Elementary Antics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lap book concept! Cool product!

    Ellie
    Miss Woodward's Class

    ReplyDelete