Dare to Dream!

Today I'm linking up with Third in Hollywood, Sparkling in Second, Peppy Zesty Teacherista, and Teach Create Motivate for the #TpTSellerChallenge. This week, they've asked us to Dare to Dream. More specifically, they want to know what we want out of Teachers Pay Teachers, and if there are any goals that our TpT business can help us to obtain. 

I actually have several goals that pertain to my business, my blog, my home, and my homeschooling journey as a whole. I hope that even if you aren't a TpT seller, you will stick around and check them out!

So, here we go...


Engage. Educate. Inspire. This has always been my dream for my blog and store. I want to encourage homeschooling families along their journey, by helping them to engage their children in a lifestyle of learning. I believe that a lifestyle of continual learning is the best way to educate our children (and ourselves). From there, I hope they will be inspired to be leaders and world changers.

Continue my own education. After preaching my beliefs about a lifestyle of continual learning, I would be remiss if I didn't share my dream of continuing my own (formal) education. While I do make an effort to learn something new everyday, I'd really like to earn my Master's degree in Instructional Design or Developmental Psychology. Both of these fields are topics that I am passionate about, and I feel that studying one or the other would help me in my pursuit of God's plan for my life.

Supplement our family income. When I started on my Teachers Pay Teachers journey... or even just last January... I didn't think that my earnings would add up to much. I was happy just making enough to buy an extra latte each week! As I have begun to take my store a little more seriously, I've seen tremendous growth. Don't get me wrong - I'm still making pocket change compared to a full-time job - but I truly believe that with a little elbow grease, I could have an impact on my family's income, which would be a true blessing as we start to dream big dreams for our future.

Finish MY homeschool room! This is my last goal... and it's a short-term goal! Even though we don't have children yet, we already know that we are called to homeschool them. We have a "bonus" room in our house that has basically been a storage room for the last two years. Our goal for the next few months is to get it cleaned up and fixed up into an office/library/tutoring/homeschool classroom. It needs a bunch of work (including painting some ugly wood-paneled walls white) but I know we can do it! I've even started a Pinterest board for inspiration!

There you have it! Those are my dreams for my blog, business, and (ultimately) my home over the next few weeks, months, and years. What are your goals? I'd love to hear them! Share them in the comments, or write your own post! 

(P.S. If you want to know more about Teachers Pay Teachers, I'd be happy to answer your questions! Send me an email at rebeccam (at) edventuresathome (dot) com and I'll tell you more of my story.)
post signature

5 comments:

  1. Love your goal for a homeschool room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca,
    I love how you are so proactive!! It is so important to continue education outside the classroom!! :O) I chuckled about just having enough $$ to buy that extra latte. I feel I am right there now in my TPT journey! Best of luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca,
    I love that you already know you want to homeschool! I have thought about it but I don't know if I am ready to fully commit! Thank you for sharing your dreams! Good Luck to you on this wonderful journey!
    Kimberlee
    It’s Kinder Time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your goals are fabulous! I especially like that you want to further your education. My experience with obtaining my Master's Degree changed the way I teach dramatically- for the better! Thanks for sharing!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forte School of Music is providing Music Lessons in Howick Auckland , New Zealand. Forte School is best in Music , Singing , Guitar and Piano Classes. Contact us now 09 534 2223

    ReplyDelete