Quick & Easy Visual Dictionary Project

Ah, vocabulary!

Recently, one of the students that I tutored finished her vocabulary workbook for the year. Though I was thoroughly impressed with her hard work, I felt like we needed to spend a little more time on the words before moving on.

I wanted to help her create a project that wouldn't be terribly time intensive, since we still have a lot of other reading and writing to complete. I also wanted the project to incorporate art (something that she's passionate about) and would be a keepsake that she would want to refer back to over and over (much like the lapbooks we've created).

With that in mind, I came up with a visual dictionary which could stored in an inexpensive 4 x 6 photo album. :)


I created a simple template for the vocabulary cards that includes a space for the word, plenty of room for writing its definition, and a box for drawing a picture. I plan to have her complete a few of these cards each week and add them to her album. 

Here's the best part! I've posted a PDF file of the vocabulary card template just for my YOU, my blog readers! Just print, cut, and go! Click here, or on the picture below to download them. :)
Enjoy!

1 comment: