Meet the Teacher Blogger!


Hi Friends! 

Back-to-School season is here at last - 'tis the season for new clothes, fresh bulletin boards, new school supplies, and "meet the teacher" days! I loved meet the teacher days as a student, and I loved them even more during the short time I was a classroom teacher. Now that I'm tutoring and working with homeschooling families, "meet the teacher" days are pretty much a thing of the past! So, when I saw that Stephanie of Falling Into First was hosting a Meet the Teacher Blogger link-up, I had to join in! :)


I have been married to my husband, Dustin, for just over three years. We don't have any kids of our own, but we do have a super cute dog named Toby.

You might be wondering WHY I write a homeschooling blog if I don't actually have any children to homeschool, and that's a good question! I am a proud (and I do mean proud) homeschool graduate. While I have absolutely nothing against public schools (I attended public school through 7th grade) or private schools (I taught at a private school for a while) my passion is working with homeschoolers. I've taught preschool, kindergarten, second, and third grade as what can best be described as a "homeschool nanny." I've been helping people homeschool their children while I wait for my own children to homeschool, and I love it! :)


Q: THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...
Drinking out of mason jars. Murder mystery TV shows. Downton Abbey. Teachers Pay Teachers. Instagram. My iPhone. iPhoneography. Target. 

Q: IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?
True story: I've always secretly wanted to be a doctor, and I am absolutely enamored with people's stories of medical school. But... I'm a hypochondriac... and a germophobe... so, I guess you can see the problem there! :)

Q: THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.
Maximizer. Learner. Collector.

Q: FINISH THE SENTENCE, "________, SAID NO TEACHER EVER!"
"I hate the smell of new school supplies, said no teacher ever!" #schoolsupplyaddict

Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, aka, Prince William and Kate Middleton. A girl can dream, right?

Q: IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?
"Caffeine, Clutter, and Craziness"

Q: YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT?
Do I have to? Does organization count as a superpower?!  I sure hope so, because that is one that I could really use!

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?
"Someday is not a day of the week!"

Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Oh my goodness, I don't even know! However, I do know that I would never end up on American Idol. Not because I'm tone deaf, but because I'm too "musical theatre." You can ask the judge who told me so! :)

Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?
I am so NOT a morning person! I guess that makes me a night owl, however (most nights) I struggle to stay awake past 10:30 pm!

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP?
My favorite resource definitely has to be my set of Lapbook Planning Pages, or my set of Unit Study Planning Pages! I've used all of my products at least once, but I use these ALL THE TIME. They are SO helpful and I LOVE them! :)

Q: SHARE SOMETHING WE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU! 
Nobody knows this because I've never actually said it aloud, but... When I was in first grade, I would pretend that I was in teacher school. I pretended like every worksheet or activity our teacher assigned was to teach us to teach other people. I think that continued until I won the science fair in fourth grade and decided that I would become a scientist. Look where I ended up anyway! :)


Now it's your turn! If you're a #teacherblogger, click the button above to head on over to Falling into First and join the linky party! Please leave a comment on my page, too, so that I can find your blog and "meet" you! :)
post signature